HilltopSecurities is a trusted leader in public finance, providing expert advice to public sector entities nationwide in connection with the implementation of balance sheet strategies and the use of structured financial products.
Philosophy and Services
As an extension of our Public Finance practice, our Structured Finance philosophy is fundamentally conservative, highly personalized, and always reflective of the responsibilities associated with public sector transactions.
Each of our Structured Finance professionals has wide-ranging experience in the implementation of comprehensive financing and hedging plans applicable to balance sheet management efforts. Client satisfaction is our top priority, and we are dedicated to providing advice and personalized service that exceeds expectations.
Our accounting and back-office valuation systems meet SSAE 16 requirements and comply with GASB and FASB accounting standards. Each system provides surveillance functions relating to credit, collateral, and market value thresholds.
We draw on the collective experience and knowledge base of the entire Structured Finance team to perform a host of functions that support our investment products and services. Our professionals each specialize in one or more of these business functions and work together to deliver a consistent, seamless experience for our clients across all of our product and service lines. Our full-service desk routinely handles:
- Product Development
- Swaps (interest rate, currency, commodity)
- Caps, Floors and Collars
- Flex Repo or Guaranteed Investment
Consulting & Surveillance
- GASB 41, 45, 53, 64
- ASC Topic 815 & 820
- (formerly FAS 133 & 157)
- Trade Valuation
- Credit Exposure
- Cashflow & Payments
- Collateral Posting
Beyond our technical support, we routinely offer our clients services which include:
- Board and staff education.
- Access to analytically sound counsel based on the needs of each client.
- Our firm’s direct and ongoing participation in the capital markets, giving our clients the real-time local and national market sensitivity they need to make better decisions.
- Our in-house expertise in financial advisory, arbitrage rebate and continuing disclosure, readily available to all our clients.
To learn more about our capabilities, please contact us today.